Thank you Betty Crocker.
So here is the recipe for Peanutty Granola Cookies:
Ingredients: 1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix (with pudding in mix), 1/2 cup butter (softened), 2 eggs, 4 sweet and salty peanut granola bars, 1/2 cup peanut butter chips and 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
Heat oven to 350. In a large bowl beat cake mix, butter and eggs.
With electric mixer mix on medium speed until smooth or if you don't have one (like me) you can just whip a fork through it as fast as you can until your arm gets tired. Repeat. You are done when you can't do it anymore!
Coarsely chop your 4 granola bars.
Add them to the bowl and mix it in.
On ungreased cookie sheet, drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and light golden brown around edges. Let cool for 2 minutes.
Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
In a baggie, place peanut butter chips and shortening. Microwave on high for 15 seconds at a time. Squeeze bag. Continue microwaving in small increments; squeeze bag until mixture is smooth.
Cut a tiny corner of the baggie off and then drizzle over the cookies. Let stand for about 10 minutes or until the drizzle is set.
YUMMY!
Now, this will make about 32 cookies according to the recipe. Mine made 36! I had all these plans to take them to work and send some with Chad to share... the bottoms of the cookie were "crisp". I tend to have this problems with my oven. I will probably try cooking them on a lower temp next time. So Chad and I enjoyed many crisp cookies. I am going to do this one again when I figure out my oven. They were way to good not to share!
juliebean

No comments:
Post a Comment